I blogged a couple of weeks about about how I was planning on using BOB Books to continue to teach Nicole reading. Well, the BOB Books are at Costco! They stocked April 23 (I know, I’m way behind in realizing this), and they are a limited stock item, so they won’t restock these fantastic sets for another year. Beg or borrow a Costco membership if you have to (but please don’t steal, your mom would be very disappointed in you), but grab a set now!
These combined sets are only $9.99 at Costco. They retail for $9.99 for an individual set, and each Costco pack comes with 2 sets of books. I know, I’m saying “set” a lot, but I’m drawing a blank on what else to say, so get over it. :)
Here’s the scoop from bobbooks.com:
The five Special Collection boxes contain the original Bob Books materials boxed and reprinted in beautiful, oversized, 8 x 8 inch format. Many customers enjoy the large format for small hands, and they love the terrific price offered by Costco.
- Collection 1 has 18 books, including all the stories from Set 1, and half of Set 2.
- Collection 2 has 16 books, including stories from half of Set 2, and all of Set 3.
- Collection 3 has 16 books, and includes all the stories from Sets 4 and 5.
- The My First Bob Books Collection has 24 books, including all stories from My First Bob Books: Alphabet and My First Bob Books: Pre-Reading Skills.
- NEW! Bob Books Sight Words has 20 books and 16 flash cards, including all stories from Bob Books Sight Words-Kindergarten and Bob Books Sight Words – First Grade.
If your child hasn’t started doing letter sounds and you’re planning on using the Walk Beside Me preschool curriculum
this year, I’d definitely grab the First Bob Books Collection for your preschooler! I plan on using the Sight Words collection this summer, then continue with Collection 2 next fall. (We purchased Collection 1 last spring and
slowly worked our way through them this year.)
Funny story… recently Nicole was starting to struggle with the Bob Books, and I wasn’t sure what was going on. I took a break for a few days
(okay, a week, I was stressed about some other things)
and today I realized… we had unintentionally skipped five entire books! The books are so sequential and built to reinforce what was previously learned, that she was a little lost. So I started her back where we should have been, and she was reading fluently. Just some additional proof that BOB Books work…
if you do them in order, that is!
PS – I just read on the Bob Books Facebook page that Collection 3 didn’t get printed and sent to Costco this time. However, Collection 3 and all of the other sets will be available at Costco in August!