Time flies when you’re having fun…
Unfortunately, this summer has been really, really long!
No, it hasn’t been that bad. It certainly hasn’t been our best summer (remember when I did summer school that one time?) but it could be worse (remember last summer when I didn’t have a car or the internet?) I guess you could sum it up neatly by saying this is your run-of-the-mill, average summer. Four kids sure take a lot of time and all of your energy.
Here’s a little update on what I’ve been up to, since I obviously haven’t been blogging about it.
- Keeping the house cleanish. Really! The kids and I did an intense panic clean (for a home inspection) and we’ve done a moderate job at keeping it up. Kind of a miracle. I’m slowly seeing the piles start, well, piling up again. Sigh.
- Quilting. I made a quilt! It’s the kind of quilt that really deserves its own post, but here’s a sneak peek:
- Feeding four kids. This deserves its own spot on the list because hello, that’s hard work. Especially when you take into consideration that grocery shopping often involves four children.
- Homeschool obsessing. I’m gearing up for the new year, and I’m hoping this next year will be far more successful than last. I should really do a “wrap up” post on the previous year. We’ll see.
- Homeschool shopping. Online shopping mostly because a) I like to buy used when I can, b) I don’t have any homeschool stores here and c) retail shopping involves four children.
- Quilt obsessing. I’m constantly designing quilts in my head, though most days I don’t even break out the sewing machine. Most days, my dining room table isn’t clean enough to break out the sewing machine, let alone put fabric on it. I have high hopes for a sewing room one day.
- Fabric shopping. Or at least a lot of fabric window shopping online.
- There seems to be a strong “shopping” theme in this list, did you notice?
- House shopping. (Yes, more shopping! I get bored, okay?) And yes, I said house shopping. Nothing official yet, but we’re hoping to move soon, and it is looking like that might actually happen.
- Raised caterpillars and released butterflies! (We used this awesome kit!–affiliate link)
- Going to Seven Peaks, parks, a splash pad, and other kid-fun type activities. Not too much of that, I wouldn’t want my kids expecting fun on a regular basis!
What have you been up to this summer? Has your summer flown by, or is it dragging just a leeeetle bit now that it’s August?
Psst… it’s almost my birthday! Come back soon for a freebie!