BBQ Chicken Pizza
I asked you to share yesterday’s post about my great coupon deal. Well, you certainly complied! Today I’m giving you my fabulous, amazingly easy recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza.
No, really, it’s a surprise.
And yes, I actually know what I’m doing for the giveaway, Smarty Pants!
We just need a few more likes. Did you know it’s really easy to share pages with your friends? On the left hand side of the Confessions of a Slacker Mom fb page, there is a little link that says “share.” It will post it to your profile page, or you can send it as a message to people you think may be interested.
Okay, now for the pizza! My family loves this recipe. It’s so simple that I make it frequently.
Disclaimer: I measured nothing. These are all estimates which you can easily adjust to your family’s taste and based on what’s in your cupboard.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Adapted from: Sarah @ Confessions of a Slacker Mom
Recipe type: Main
A quick and easy BBQ Chicken Pizza that looks gourmet--and is easily adaptable for allergies!
- 1 unbaked pizza crust (I usually do it from scratch, but a Pillsbury Pizza crust, or even a Boboli pizza would work fine too)
- ¾ c. honey barbecue sauce (Use your favorite, if you don't have honey flavored, mix in a few tablespoons of honey)
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast (you can also use grilled chicken strips)
- ½ red onion
- 1 pkg. bacon
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese blend
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- to make this allergy friendly, I typically leave a section of pizza with no cheese for Abigail. As she gets older I will probably make a mini pizza for her with dairy free cheese.
- Press pizza crust into oiled baking sheet. Brush ½ c. barbecue sauce over crust.
- Cook bacon according to favorite method. (I typically bake it at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes until crispy.) Remove from oven, and place on plate with paper towels to cool.
- Cube chicken into small bite sized pieces. Pour a little olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken over medium high heat until no longer pink. 2-3 minutes before chicken is finished cooking, pour ¼ c. honey barbecue sauce over chicken and stir until well coated. Remove chicken from heat and spread evenly over pizza crust.
- Cook red onion in a bit of leftover bacon grease or with a little olive oil, just until beginning to brown. Spread red onion over pizza crust. Crumble bacon and spread over pizza crust as well. Sprinkle brown sugar over the pizza.
- Liberally top pizza with cheese.
- Bake pizza at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until cheddar is hot and bubbly.