Rise and Shine Breakfast Smoothie – Allergy Friendly too!
Starting tomorrow, I’ll be posting a series on How to be On Time in the Morning. In Part 1 of this series, I’m going to talk about how serving better breakfasts can actually speed up your out-the-door time. One of my favorite meals in the morning is this Rise and Shine Breakfast Smoothie. It barely needs a recipe because it’s so toss-and-blend, but here’s the concept to get you started!
- ⅓ c. vanilla yogurt or SILK vanilla yogurt
- ½ c. frozen fruit blend (I used Costco's Wowana Frozen Fruit Mix with mango, papaya, strawberries, and pineapple)
- 1 c. milk or SILK vanilla yogurt
- 2 t. vanilla (omit if using silk)
- 1 T. sugar (optional)
- ½ banana
- ¼ c. (a scoop) of frozen orange juice concentrate
- Put all ingredients in a mixer and blend until smooth. To make this recipe dairy free, use Silk vanilla yogurt and Silk Vanilla milk, omitting the vanilla.
- This makes one large smoothie, or divide it in half for kid-friendly portions.
- This recipe is an "eyeball" recipe. Just the approximate amounts in and taste. You can also adjust to taste. I've also used strawberries and blackberries, just strawberries, and other fruits too.
- P.S. - Make one big one (doubling or tripling the recipe) in a blender, or make this recipe in a Bullet Blender. I make Abigail's smoothie first with Silk, then I make everyone else a smoothie. You could also freeze the rest in popsicle molds for days when you're really in a hurry.